For more than a century, earning our customers’ trust has been Trustmark’s highest priority. In continuing that tradition, we know that the personal information you share with us should be handled very carefully. Because of federal legislation, all financial institutions are required to provide privacy policies to their customers. We value your confidence in us and assure you that protecting your privacy continues to be a priority to the members of the Trustmark family named above (our affiliates). It is Trustmark’s policy not to sell information about our customers to third parties. Thank you for your business and for the confidence you have placed in Trustmark.
Information We Collect
We collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications or other forms, such as your name, address, social security number, assets, and income;
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates or others, such as your account balance, payment history, parties to transactions, and credit card usage;
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency, such as your creditworthiness and credit history.
Information We May Disclose
- We are permitted under the law to disclose all of the information we collect, as described above, to companies that perform marketing services on our behalf or to other financial institutions with which we have joint marketing agreements.
- We also are permitted under the law to disclose nonpublic personal information about you to nonaffiliated third parties (third parties that are not members of our corporate family) in certain other circumstances. For example, we may disclose nonpublic personal information about you to such third parties to assist us in servicing your loan or account with us, to process and service transactions you request or authorize, to protect against potential fraud or unauthorized transactions, in response to judicial process, and to consumer reporting agencies.
Information We Do Not Disclose
- We do not sell information about our customers to third parties.
Explanation of Right to Opt Out of Sharing Certain Information With Our Affiliates, The Trustmark Corporation Family of Companies
We are permitted under law to share with our affiliates information about our experiences or transactions with you or your account (such as your account balance and your payment history with us). We also may share with our affiliates additional information about you or your account, such information we collect as described above, including information we receive from you in applications and information from consumer reporting agencies, such as your creditworthiness and credit history. You may direct us not to disclose to our affiliates information that does not relate solely to our or our affiliates' experiences or transactions with you or your account (such as the application information and consumer reporting agency information) by calling the following toll-free number: 1-800-844-4357. Your decision to opt-out is also a request for us not to share information among our affiliates about our transactions and experiences with you for the purpose of marketing products or services. If you have a joint account, such a request by one individual will apply to all individuals on the account. If you have previously directed us not to share your information, you do not need to make this request again.
Our Confidentiality and Security Procedures
We also take steps to safeguard customer information. We restrict access to your personal and account information to those employees with proper authorization to access such information. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal standards to guard your nonpublic personal information.